IT DOESN'T GET BETTER THAN THIS!!

11/02/2009

Things Just Keep Getting More Interesting!

Okay...so the end of this year is not by all means going to go out in peace and quiet!  I really didn't plan on so much happening the last five months of this year.  It all began with Chandler coming home in July, Eddy and Miken getting married in August, taking a quick trip through Yellow Stone (August), school starting (end of August), a business get-a- way to Bachelor's Gulch in Vale, Colorado (September), sending off Derek's mission papers (end of September), Derek's mission call coming in (October) and Chandler giving us a shock by announcing his marriage plans to marry Marissa Coles on Thanksgiving weekend in Nauvoo (October)!!!!! 

Now this is what I have been doing the last week...recovering from shock since Chandler has only been home 3 months and is getting married before Derek leaves, searching for plane tickets for Eddy and Miken to fly to St. Louis in order to get to the wedding in Nauvoo, purchasing the tickets, thinking of all the things I should be doing for Derek, trying to fit in work, failing at trying not to cry daily, gathering addresses AGAIN, getting very loving and supportive phone calls from my loved ones and really just trying to keep it all together! 

Here's what's coming next... taking down Halloween decor, working at the election polls, working as much as possible at Southern Botanical, finding a dress for the wedding, planning a rehearsal dinner in Nauvoo (I have no idea where!), getting wedding announcements addressed and sent out THIS WEEK,  scheduling a day for Derek to go to the temple for his endownments, starting Christmas/holiday decorating for GRI, making plans for Thanksgiving Day, planning our trip to Nauvoo, shopping for and buying things for Derek's mission, making sure he has EVERYTHING!!, going to Nauvoo and seeing my second son get married (cry), coming home the last few days of November and flying out Dec. 2 for New York!, getting home from NYC Dec. 5, Miken and Eddy fly in Dec. 11, have a wedding reception Dec. 12, Derek speaks Dec. 13 and he and I leave that day for Utah, Eddy and Miken fly out Dec. 14 for their home in Utah, Derek and I get to Utah Dec. 14, Derek enters the MTC Dec.16 (I'll be dying and crying), head home Dec.17 or 18, LaVoy and Cara's birthday Dec.19, somewhere start thinking of Christmas, who knows when I'll shop for it, Miken and Eddy fly in again Dec. 23, we go to a hotel the night before Christmas Eve (tradition), have Christmas Eve dinner on the 24th and then HELLO...CHRISTMAS!! Eddy and Miken fly out the 28th and then BOOM  Happy New Year!!  Meanwhile, I'll be in fits over Derek not being here and missing him.  
I don't know...think I have a lot to think about?

  And Alan wonders why I'm quiet, stressed and crying.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Jana! I feel your pain and I wish all of us sisters lived closer to help you! The Lord doesn't give us anything we can't handle????? But I know you can and will! I'd love to help you in any way I can if you can think of something I can do for you. In the meantime...I'll do lots of praying for you! I love you, seester! oxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i did not see this til now! yes you have WAY too much on your plate right now. i'm here for you if you have a freak out :) just call me or text me! even though it's going to be so freaking busy i'm glad we'll get to be there with you during the craziest parts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is breath and don't freak out. It will all be over before you know it. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete