IT DOESN'T GET BETTER THAN THIS!!

4/13/2010

Eddy!!

Eddy's Christmas Gift!!

So Eddy and Miken were scheduled to fly home for Christmas on Dec. 23, 2009.  I get a phone
 call at 7:30 p.m. on Dec. 22nd and this was the conversation....
Eddy..."Hey Ma".
 Me... "Hi Eddy. How ya doing?"
Eddy..."Ummm, I don't think that we're gonna make 
the flight tomorrow."
Me..."WHAT!!!"  (I was not happy!  My thinking was ... they have to work too late so they'll miss their plane...Miken can't miss work...what the heck!!) 
Eddy..."Umm, well I'm in the emergency room."
Me (freaking out!..)  "WHAT!! Are you kidding...your kidding right?  What happened? Oh my gosh! Are you okay?    
 What's going on?" 
Eddy..."Well it looks like I have to have my appendix removed."
Me..."No way!!  Are you alright?  When?  How long will it take?"  Meanwhile I'm thinking, 
"My baby needs me.  I need to get there!
Eddy..."Well they have to keep me here for 24 hours to make sure everything is in working order."
Me..."So do you think you fly home Christmas Eve 
or is that just impossible"

We continue this conversation and he said that the doctor told him it's a speedy recovery and that he should be fine to fly the next day.  I was worried about the pain but they said it shouldn't be, too bad.  What is so weird about the whole thing is exactly the week before Miken's dad, Mark, went through the same thing!!  He started having pains and before you know it they are ripping out his appendix.  His comment to Eddy was "Well I know you are trying to be like me, but this is taking it a little far!"  Mark is a hilarious guy and makes everything fun...even this.  Soooo, I change their tickets, Eddy has surgery and they fly home the next day...Christmas Eve!  Crazy, huh?  They wanted to come really bad and we wanted them here...brave kid.  We had to be careful though because when the boys get together there's always rough housing.   
Not this time!  
So here is the picture of his stitches...there is one lower but Raelynn really didn't want to go there
 while taking this picture!  
This is just one of the ways we ended our crazy year of 2009!


No comments:

Post a Comment