I just needed to post some of my Patriotic thoughts...
I am a very patriotic person and am so proud to be an American! What a blessing it is to have been born into this great country where are forefathers sacrificed so much in order for us to have our freedoms. Today, there are still so many men and women in foreign lands out there protecting this Promised Land and I don't think any of us really realize the sacrifice they make in order to serve this nation.
I know a few families who have husbands, sons or brothers serving and I pray for them every day. The families of our military personnel are serving us also by letting us "borrow" their loved one in order to maintain our personal freedom. I can't imagine watching a loved one board a plane and praying daily that they will return safe and uninjured.
I remember my mom telling of her uncles who had served in WWII and who never would speak about it because of the memories it brought back to them that were so horrific. They sheltered their families from the ugliness of war. Thankfully through the prayers of their Mom (Grandma Young) and many others that loved them, they returned home safely.
I'm so grateful for all our military personel who give, who have given and who have sacrificed so much for this great country. I am proud to be an American and always will be.
Let's all celebrate this Independence day with gratitude and pride. I pray our children always be able to say the "Pledge of Allegiance" in their classrooms and that we as Americans will always be able to say publicly "God Bless America"!
May our Heavenly Father continue to bless this great nation.
6/29/2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Derek
Dylan
Dad & Mom
Taylor, Kristin, & Colby






I'm proud to be an American too! The photos of my gpa in WWII are so cool. He and all those that serve are my heroes!
ReplyDelete