The first day we went to Animal Kingdom. We loved it! I was worried we'd get bored because I thought it would be like a zoo. It wasn't...there were some animals but they were ones you'd see on a safari. They were pretty well hidden unless you rode the safari ride or went into an exhibit. The main attraction there was the Mt. Everest ride. It's really fun how the set up is in every park at Disney World. The rides are hidden...you can't see them from just being in the park. You hear screaming but you can't see the ride. For instance the ride of Mt. Everest you just see this huge snow covered mountain. You can see it wherever you are in the park because it is so big. What you can't see is the roller coaster because it is inside or hidden by the peaks. This was a fun one because it's partially in the dark and for some of the ride you go backwards. I am mad because we didn't take a picture of it...oh well. We also rode the safari ride and saw some animals I've never seen before. It was fun to watch them all and we were really close to a few of them. We also went to what was called "Rafiki's World". This was more of a conservation place. We had to get on a train and it took us to "Rafiki's World". Once we were there it was beautiful! At first we were pretty ho-hum about it and then you become part of the experience. Anyway, we enjoyed going to Animal Kingdom so here are a few pictures.
This tree is called "The Tree of Life". It was so cool! You can't see it but the whole trunk of it has animals carved into it. Like the tiger, ape, giraffe and any animal you can think of that might live in the rain forest or in Africa. We couldn't get over how meticulous it was. You can see this tree wherever you are in the park. It is HUGE! I'm still amazed at the creation and imagery of this beautiful tree.
Here are the guys with Rafiki.
We had to get a picture with Pocahontas! The boys didn't mind this one, too much...I love that you can see Old Woman Willow.
So after Animal Kingdom we went to Magic Kingdom. We were pretty tired by then and two of the main rides were closed. I was just thrilled to see Cinderella's castle! It is so beautiful! We hung around there a bit and decided to head back to the resort, rest our feet, get some dinner and then see what else we wanted to do. We ended up going to Downtown Disney which is a park in itself. It was so crowded! After bumming a while because it was mainly stores, we needed food! We ate at House of Blues and we are so glad we did! It was the most entertaining dinner we've ever had. They had a band playing called "Funkalicious"...they were great! It was even more fun to watch all of these black women dance in front of the stage. Let's just say...they can shake their bootie!!! No doubt about it...holy cow I had no idea bums could move like that!! I do know now though. When we left there Dylan really wanted to go back to Magic Kingdom and see the fireworks. So we went and I must admit, I was pooped! I really just wanted to put my feet up...I am so glad we didn't!! When we got to Magic Kingdom the parade of lights was starting. We huslted are way through the crowd and were able to get right in front of Cinderella's castle where the parade came to. The floats and characters looked amazing and I felt like a little girl! Soon the parade ended and we knew the fireworks were going to start. I seriously have never seen such a beautiful fireworks show and right over Cinderella's castle! We did get photos of the parade and castle but not, too great of ones of the fireworks. I still am amazed at how awesome it was and that it made me feel like such a little girl again. Here are a few pics of what we saw...
Derek and Dylan on a ride...I can't remember which one though. I'm sure Dylan will love this picture though!
Arriving at Epcot Center
Epcot Center was a real experience. It isn't what I thought it would be. It was all about different countries and cultures. We enjoyed it but DEREK loved it!! This was his favorite park. We are at a Morracan restaurant and it was soooo yummy! We spent all day there but the majority of the pictures are on Alan's camera. The fireworks show here was phenomenal! I wish the pictures would have done it justice. It was a fun and long day...
Alan being "King Tritan"

Derek
Dylan
Dad & Mom
Taylor, Kristin, & Colby






I L.O.V.E. Disneyland/Disneyworld! I could go to Disneyland every year and be a happy camper! It just makes you happy! I'm glad you could enjoy the experience! Love you!
ReplyDeleteoh wow haha. i like that picture of dylan on the ride. yes, he will LOVE that one. i'm so glad you wrote a new one! p.s. you need to keep up better so i can see what is going on with you! tisk tisk :)
ReplyDelete