(THIS IS LONG...JUST KEEP READING!)
He is HOME!! Okay so he's been home a month now and I'm just getting around to posting it! We've just had a few things to schedule around. It is so GREAT having him home again! He came off the plane pretty quiet and acting like our shy Chandler...it didn't take, too long for him to start talking and sharing his experiences. I was worried that all the brothers would overwhelm him because they are all so crazy when they are together! I had to keep telling them to chill because Chandler wasn't used to them! Didn't help...they kept being themselves!! I was so anxious for him to get off the plane I thought I'd go nuts. The boys were making fun of me (imagine that) by mimiking what I was doing. When Chandler finally made it through the doors of course I attacked him with a huge hug! Then everyone took turns in hugging him. When he looked at all the boys together he just shook his head and said "Man, I am the short one!" It is hard for these missionary boys to come home and I knew he was homesick for a while. I enjoyed talking to him alone because then I really felt re-connected. His mission experience was all he had prayed it would be and more. He loves the people and has made friendships there that continues. He receives calls each Sunday from Lynn...his St. Kitts mom. After being home only a couple of weeks, we headed to Utah for Eddy's wedding. He got to know us all REAL well again during that time! Derek doesn't overwhelm him...infact he finds Derek "Hilarious!" Now he's working for Alan and literally digging trenches! He is planning on going to Collin College and getting his requirements taken care of and then hopefully transfer to UT (University of Texas)...HIS DREAM!!
So here is what he was doing and what he looked like just over a month ago...
At the airport in Puerto Rico bound for home! (doesn't he look excited?!)

Here is a special baptism he had the Sunday before heading home. It was his only ocean baptism and "Fatty" the kid he baptized was a very good friend to Chan while he was there in Virgin Gorda. 



Our pictures of him coming home off the plane are once again on Alan's camera and hopefully still on there! But here is what Chandler looks like now and what he's been up to...
In front of the Monticello Temple on our way to Salt Lake.
On our trip through Yellowstone...it was beautiful and he was loving it!!
Yes, he is already back in the game...a game which before his mission he rarely played!!
We have really loved having him home! He is funny, goofy and we love laughing with him and sometimes at him!! I forgot what a big tease he is but he can be relentless...he does it with his side smile and snicker. Chan just brings a sense of peace to our home and makes it feel more comfortable. You just feel when he is home. It's hard to explain but you just feel his presence. I guess part of it is because Chandler is just warm (clammy...haha), cozy and calm. Plus he still gives the best hugs and now even gives me more of them!! WELCOME HOME CHANNY!!







Derek
Dylan
Dad & Mom
Taylor, Kristin, & Colby






No comments:
Post a Comment